TEVTA Special Training Program
Technical Education & Vocational Training Authority, Punjab, is engaged in imparting technical education & vocational training through its 456 Institutions. In line with the policy directions of the Government of the Punjab, TEVTA has specifically focused on requirements of the industry and has started an aggressive, forward looking and demand driven programme for training of 100,000 workers in Punjab w.e.f. July, 2006. The courses have been designed after a detailed interaction with the industry / prospective employers in the respective fields.
SALIENT FEATURES OF PROJECT:
To attract the poor unemployed youth for training in employable skills, TEVTA Special Training Program (TSTP) has following features:
- No fee is charged.
- Free training material is provided by the institutions.
- Students are supported with stipend.
BENEFITS OF PROJECT:
The main objective of the TEVTA Special Training Programme (TSTP) is to meet emerging needs of trained manpower for boosting up economic activities by providing short duration skill training. The programme will focus young school leavers / drop outs from schools, which come from less fortunate segment of society and deserve free education and training. The programme will address to the following objectives:
- Enable poor and deserving students to have more options for sustainable livelihood.
- Provide on the job training & employment for the pass outs.
- Create more employment & self employment opportunities.
- Meet the emerging demand of skilled workers for development projects.
- Improve development process by providing skilled workers.
- Promotion of Vocational Training for elimination of child labour.
- Courses duration 3 months & 6 months
- Total conduct hours 300 hours & 600 hours
- Average daily hours 4 hours/day
- Weekly working days 6 days
ON THE JOB TRAINING:
After completion of institutional training, the trainees will have to undergo "On
the Job Training" (OJT). All possible efforts will be made to arrange OJT.
The trainees will be encouraged to identify places for OJT keeping in view their
convenience. Close liaison with the Chambers of Industries, Associations and potential
employers will be maintained for on the job training and placement of the pass outs.
Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority
96-H, Gulberg Road, Lahore, Pakistan
Best View at (1024 x 768) on IE 6.0+ or Firefox 3.0+
Copyright © 2004 Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority.
Developed by MIS Department TEVTA Secretariat Lahore.